Are you ticked off about Lyme disease?!? Me too. You’ve come to the right place. Join me as I chronicle my battle through the medical nightmare that is chronic Lyme disease.
My name is Lindsey, nice to meet you!
A little about me:
- I’m 24 years young and I have chronic late stage neurological Lyme disease.
- I’m a former party girl turned health nut.
- I’m a huge nerd at heart and I’m a research junkie. The rate at which I go through podcasts, documentaries and Tedtalks is borderline obsessive.
- I love bacon. And veggies.
- I ADORE being immersed in nature or being outdoors
- My heart belongs out west and I’m determined to move there once I’m healthy.
- Rock climbing, yoga, weight lifting and hiking make my heart indescribably happy, but I now only do them when my body permits me to. (Read: not very often)
- I’ve become a huge fan of the primal/paleo/ancestral health movement.
- I’m a recovered carbaholic, long distance runner and chronic cardio-er.
- I recently finished my master’s degree in Occupational Therapy and passed my board exam. I hope to work with kids once I’m healthy enough.
- I grew up in Upstate New York (Syracuse represent!) and moved to Maryland mid-high school
- I have a completely irrational fear of hamsters and guinea pigs. I know, it’s strange. I’m working on it. I think the Kia commercials have helped.
- While I’ve been called a conspiracy theorist, I don’t see myself as one. I’ve just learned to have a healthy dose of skepticism towards things potentially backed by political, financial or corporate agendas ;)
- I’m enthusiastic about natural, organic, eco-friendly things and the concept of minimalism
- I’m somewhat artistically inclined and I love creative projects.
- I always forget I’ve written and illustrated 3 (unpublished) children’s books, all before the age of 18.
- I believe nature is the greatest teacher and healer.
- I believe our God-designed bodies are infinitely more intelligent and more incredible that we give them credit for, and that we
all have the capacity to heal.